Sunday, May 17, 2009

My Bucket List

I recently watched the Bucket List, a beautiful movie starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman about two terminally ill patients who make a bucket list, that encompasses everything they wish to do before they kick the bucket.
Now I am not a morbid personality neither I am too fascinated or concerned about death. Nevertheless I got intrigued about the idea. Now making lists is one of the most hackneyed ideas of all times. I myself admit being obsessed with making lists. Half my life has been spent in making lists including to-do lists, New Year lists, things to achieve lists, I wont repeat this lists, crush lists et al. I even had a friend who had a list of all the women he had jacked off to. And the best part of it is that you make the list on a paper and not on your conscience.
Anyways I spent one afternoon ruminating on my Bucket List and this is what I came up with.
1. Streak during the Director’s address at Convocation 2010 and coincidentally the Golden Jubilee of the Institute.
Yeah that’s what the bastard deserves. A heavenly glimpse of my epic ass.
2. Get a Master’s degree in English Literature from Oxford(where else) :P
Well Engg life is so boring I guess everyone wishes he had a degree in some other field other than Engg.
3. Attend the Rio Carnival.
Samba, Bikini babes, the Sand and the Sea, Christ Redeemer. As sultry as a vacation can become.
4. Headbang at a Metallica concert.
This item on the list is going to be crossed off as soon as Metallica confirm a tour of India.
5. Write a book that preferably makes me rich and famous.

6. A date with Kate Winslet.
Yeah yeah. I am obsessed with her. But you see she is the most beautiful woman in the world.
7. A full body massage from Monica Bellucci.
And she happens to be the sexiest.
8. Go bungee jumping.
Have always wanted to experience free fall, that rush of blood into the head and heart stopping exhilaration.
9. Help save the sharks from extinction.
Jaws was a crap of a movie and more men die of stupidity than shark attacks.
10. A trip across the Great Australian Outback.
Crocs, Snakes, Ayers Rock, Aborigines and a hell of an adventure.
11. Getting marooned on a Coral Island for a week.
I think this will be on the list of anyone who has read the R.M Ballantyne classic.
12. Create a comic strip.
I have enough experience I think, 3 years have been spent doing cartoons in class.
13. Direct a movie.
With the plagiarized crap dished out by Bollywood every year, I am sure I can do a better job. If Karan Johar can make movies so can I.
14. Peek down at the Colorado river from atop the Grand Canyon.
15. Experience all the cuisines of the world.
Cant help it. I am an epicure and dying for good food after 3 years in this measly place.
16. Develop an athletic figure.
With half my life being bestowed with nicknames of varying rudeness due to the fact that I am plump(not intended as an euphemism), I want to experience hpw it feels to have a pack of abs.
17. Go on a backpacking trip across the Himalayas.
This is on the cards for next summer. Hope that no body chickens out at the last minute.
18. Learn to play the guitar.
It has been on this list since I heard Pink Floyd.
19. Have a personal library.
20. Spend a day at the Louvre.
21. Fall in love.
And that my friends, will be the biggest adventure of all
22. Convince Dad to quit his job and go freelance journalism.
23. Go on a world tour with my sweetheart.
No explanations.
24. Watch the world pass by.
The biggest leisure of all.
25. Witness a miracle.

7 comments:

Praneet Gourav said...

Nice one.But dude....some suggestions.....

No.2 should be made the numero uno....Rather you should start your post with it :)

Exchange 21 and 23....unless you plan to fall in love with your "sweetheart" in timbuktu or Honolulu....

and yeah...be in touch....may be together we can cross off no.13 from our bucket lists...

etymofreak said...

Followed ur suggestions. now it looks a lot more balanced
:P
N Yeah both of us can do a hell of a job of No. 13

Roy said...

@Point 14: You can't actually see the river very well, the damn thing is so far down. But the Grand Canyon is a must-go spectacular place.

Illeen said...

nice list.I had made my list about an year back.Realized some of it.In fact i'm glad I have done some of the things in your list as well :P

Anyway all the best with it!

P.S.Massage by Belluci sounds like a distant dream.you might be the first,if at all.

The West Wind said...

I am totally with u on the English degree, writing a book and comic strip points.. I know u ll do a great job :)
And yeah I have done atleast one of the things on your list.

etymofreak said...

Thnks swthrt..
U hv always had more hope in me than myself n U kno very well for hw long these items have been on my list.
Its these four wasted years of my life that they have made it from a normal wish list to my bucket list.
:)

~Evil_Rule$~ said...

lets hope u start working on 2 and 5...i am sure it will do wonders for u...

P.S. Saha and Ashrit will give u company on 11 n 16 respectively