Sunday, January 23, 2011

Last Minute Blast

As I begin writing this post I am acutely aware that yet another weekend has gone by. The pile of unwashed clothes keep piling up, the amount of pending work from office has gone up to a harrowing level and my copy of White Teeth is still awaiting completion. As usual, I wonder if the rules of relativity are relative for me. And as usual time has slipped by akin to coins from a torn pocket. Ans as usual nothing is new.

Nothing has changed from the days where I used to run about a headless chicken on the eve of exams. It must have been a wonderful sight to watch. A drowning man deliberating on the strength of a multitude of straws. It was a time when attending the call of nature could cost valuable marks the next day. As I graduated to a more deplorable state, where the choice was to pass or fail, the habit became more pronounced. Suddenly a game of AOE became more interesting, an elusive picture of Bill Gates daughter almost drool worthy, every message on LAN Messenger sinfully tempting and the buffer time of a HIMYM episode almost nerve jangling.

I just take solace in the fact, that there are empathizing voices all around.

No comments: